FY 2022 CHEFA Client Grant Program
CHEFA anticipates making an announcement regarding the FY 2022 CHEFA Client Grant Program sometime in Spring 2021. Please check this website for updates in Spring 2021.
Organizations may contact Betty Sugerman Weintraub, CHEFA Grant Program Manager for more information at 860.761.8428 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NO FY 2021 CLIENT GRANT PROGRAM
There will NOT be a FY 2021 Client Grant cycle, this grant cycle was replaced with the FY 2021 CHEFA COVID-19 Grant cycle. CHEFA awarded $3M in grant for statewide response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The grants were primarily within CHEFA's four core sectors of healthcare, education, childcare, and cultural. Please see list below of grant recipients.
CHEFA Announces Grant Program Modifications Due to COVID -19
At the April 15, 2020 board meeting, the CHEFA Board of Directors approved the following modifications to the existing FY 2019 and 2020 Client and Nonprofit Grant Programs and upcoming FY 2020 Nonprofit Grants:
GRANT TIMEFRAME EXTENSIONS
1. An additional six months for:
a. FY 2019 Nonprofit Grant Program
b. FY 2019 Client Grant Program
c. FY 2020 Client Grant Program
d. FY 2019 Targeted Grant Program: for second year of two-year grant
e. FY 2020 Targeted Grant Program
2. Allow FY 2020 Nonprofit Grant Program (currently under review) approved grants by the Board of Directors at the May 20, 2020 board meeting to have eighteen months to complete their project/program.
3. CHEFA may offer additional extensions at its sole discretion.
GRANT REPORTING TIMEFRAME EXTENSIONS
1. A six-month timeframe extension for grant reporting for all FY 2019-2021 cycles.
2. CHEFA may offer additional extensions at its sole discretion.
POTENTIAL FOR GENERAL OPERATING SUPPORT
1. Allow for FY 2019 Nonprofit and FY 2020 Client grantees to convert their program grants to general operating grants if the crisis results in program disruption.
2. Allow program grants awarded through the FY 2020 Nonprofit Grant cycle as of the May 20, 2020 board meeting to utilize their award for general operating funds.
3. Allow for current or pending capital expenditure grantees to request redirection of their grants to general operating funds. These grant requests will be reviewed by management and approved on a case by case basis.
4. Allow organizations requesting conversion of their remaining program/capital expenditure grants to general operating funds to utilize the effective date of March 2, 2020 through the end of the grant cycle.
ALL GRANTEES MUST INFORM CHEFA IN ADVANCE OF THEIR INTENT TO EXERCISE THESE OPTIONS BY CONTACTING BETTY SUGERMAN WEINTRAUB, GRANT PROGRAM MANAGER.
For more information please contact Betty Sugerman Weintraub, Grant Program Manager at 860.761.8428 or email@example.com